Image: cropped from Los Angeles Times file photo http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2009/05/union-station-opens-may-4-1939.html .
“The Moorish-designed La Grande Station, located at 2nd Street and Santa Fe Ave., opened on July 29, 1893, and was the main terminal for the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railways for over 40 years.
“However, the Long Beach earthquake of 1933 badly damaged it, resulting in the terminal building’s temporary closure and the eventual removal of the dome.”
Excerpt from https://bizarrela.com/2016/10/la-grande-station/ .
The depot continued in use until May 1939 when it was closed when the railroad moved to the newly built Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal on Alameda Street.